While young we always love watching celebrities and then we saw them on MTV and dreamed to become one of them. The life they have is like royalty, they have the best job in the world but still getting paid big for doing it, they have money, fame, fortune, women/men, cars, mansions and everything that makes life luxurious. Then we have that dream, a dream that one day will be one of those who rocked the stage and make women scream and call my name, sign signatures and collect undies, but you didn't know how. So, here is my tips on how to become a Rockstar.
1. Learn an Instrument. All Rockstars should play an Instrument, whether it is a guitar, a piano or drums, you gotta look cool and don't lip sync, today most music artists are using that, but beware, once people know you have a fake voice they will not worship you anymore.
2. Create a band. Whether you wan't to go solo or form a band, you still need someone to play your songs.
3. Dream, or make it an obsession. To become an icon you will not only need to dream you have to be obsessed with what you are doing. You must eat and breath music, be inspired with it and do it very passionately.
4. Practice, a lot! Practice makes perfect, just do your thing repeatedly and do it a lot, always do the basic and never forget to learn.
5. Write your own music. If you can sing, you should write your own material, and start recording it, or you can post it to youtube, just make sure it looks cool.
6. Play at gigs. Sometimes they're hard to get but you need for the live entertainment experience. This is the most crucial part. The idea is to get as many gigs as possible. Visiting or phoning hundreds of pubs for two weeks straight to get as many gigs packed in as possible is very important. Also playing day after day in front of a large audience will have your performing talents sky rocket.
7. Promote. There are a lot of ways to promote your music, you can ask for friends or give free CD's of your songs.
8. Use money wisely. Just remember starting to be a rockstar is a hard journey, and you should not quit your day job or forget about your obligations. Do your thing but don't forget your dream, just keep on going.
9. Love what you are doing. Just love doing it and you will never get bored.
10. Never ever quit! quitters are for looser and rock stars ain't one of them.
Spend most of your practice time songwriting as being a good songwriter will get you further than being a good player
Remember this won't happen overnight; you need to practice a lot and get your exposure off the charts.
Don't take no for an answer. The only time you quit perusing a venue is when they tell you to stop approaching them. If they haven't said that, they are just saying you haven't convinced them YET, and they're giving you another opportunity.
If you do all this, your dream is can be possible, but remember you could be just as good as some famous musician but get nowhere. It's all about meeting the right people at the right time.
Make a simple website for your band and advertise it on there. Add some videos of your band.
Never EVER give up.
Being a rockstar isn't just having leather jeans and going out late at night. It is about making music for what you believe in.
A good way to get gigs is to meet bands and support your local scene. A little helpfulness can go a long way. Or if you were allowed to perform in the end of year concerts that way people will be more aware of you and your band.
It will be very hard, painful, and discouraging before it starts to pay off. Make sure you love the music, the creative process, and the direction you are going, and eventually your material will start to reflect your passion and you will be taken seriously by a wider audience.
Make sure you enjoy the work early on. It takes a lot of work to make it huge, but once you're a rock star all of your problems will get larger, and you will be working ten times as hard.
Every rock star has failed many, many times. The only difference is that they didn't give up.
Be patient!! These things take time.